Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

Exercise

Personal bit: Tonight I tried something I don't think I've done in about 9 years. I went running. Frankly, it was rather horrible in terms of performance, distance and anything else that makes running a successful venture by anyone's standards. My goal was to run a mile, .5 out and .5 back. I got about .4 out and walked the remaining .1. On the return, I ran .05 and walked the rest. The whole run/walk journey took about 15-18 minutes. The recovery period took about the same amount of time, most of which involved lying flat on my back in the apt. living room breathing deeply and hoping my lungs didn't burn through my chest as they seemed to be threatening to do. Not a proud day especially as I left most of the contents of my stomach on someone's ice-encrusted lawn slightly covered up with a well placed mound of snow. One of the less morbid highlights was that as the temperature was approximately 27 degrees what snow had melted on the sidewalk during the day was starting to freeze which caused footing to be quite exciting at some points.
Hopefully future outings will be much more successful, i.e. I will be able to run the whole time rather than resort to some walrus-like puffing and walking like an escaped geriatric patient.

No comments: